What is Facebook Marketing? How does it work.
Facebook is big. As the largest social network in the world, it has more than 1.23 billion active users, 62% of whom log in on a daily basis. Therefore running a Facebook ads campaign is a very good idea. Digital Marketing Factors will give you good tips, techniques, and factors to run a successful campaign
How to Create a Facebook Marketing Strategy
Now that you know all of the types of content you can publish to Facebook, you’ll find that posting is the easy part. Knowing what — and when — to post is the real challenge of Facebook marketing.
To build a successful Facebook marketing strategy, you’ll first need a comprehensive understanding of your audience. Then we’ll dive into developing the right mix of content to drive results, scheduling posts into your editorial calendar, and exploring Facebook’s new offerings for connecting with prospects.
Identify Your Facebook Audience
To determine your Facebook audience, take a step backward and evaluate the buyer personas of your marketing strategy at large.
Buyer personas are fictional, generalized representations of your ideal customer, which help you to better understand your target audience. No matter if you’re in marketing, sales, product, or services, you can use buyer personas to relate to your target customer and tailor your content, product, or behavior.
The same goes for Facebook. By understanding the challenges and goals of your persona, you can determine which content would be best to post and tweak the positioning accordingly.
To build your buyer persona, interview a diverse mix of customers, prospects, and referrals to gauge their background knowledge of your industry, their biggest challenges, their ultimate goals, and what resources they rely on to learn.
Then, take a look at your competitors. Explore their Facebook Pages and evaluate each of a few key factors:
- Visual quality
Engagement on posts (likes, comments, and shares)
Response time and quality from business
Facebook Business Page
We have 6 types of business pages
1) Local Business or Place (we get reviews and check-in)
2) Company, Organization or Institute (Eg: Coca-Cola, NIIT etc)
3) Brand or Product (Eg: Sprite (Coca-Cola)
4) Artist, Brand or Public Figure (Eg: CEO of Coca-Cola)
5) Entertainment (Eg: Movies, or Shows)
6) Cases or Community (Eg: Cancer Awareness)
Setup Business Page
1) First upload profile photo (180×180 px)
2) Cover photo ( 828×315 px) Note: We also can add a video in place of a cover photo.
3) Create the custom URL (User Name) to given unique access to the page.
Note: For new accounts, we need 25 likes to get custom URL
4) Complete the about us details to get better optimization of the page.
5) We can also add products information & sell our products on Facebook
6) Services page: For certain pages we also got additional options to enable service pages.
7) Use proper button option to generate an action from the user.
To give access to any other user to the page. Path: Settings Page roles
Types of roles:
6) Line Contributor
Increasing the likes:
1) Invite your friends (Note Use invite all plugin in Chrome)
2) Invite contacts (We can invite other people If we have email (max 5000)
3) Share your page (By sharing your page in other relevant groups and pages.
4) Paid Promotion (Using like campaign we can generate as many likes as we want with various parameters.
Instigating like box on our website will also increase the likes.
“Facebook Page Plugin”
The code generated has to add in our widget section of WordPress.
1) It’s a good idea to put this like button with the timeline on thank you page.
2) In WordPress, we can use a free plugin Facebook like button, but it is not recommended.
Social Media Content Strategy
• We have to prepare a monthly calendar to share it with our client.
• According to the calendar we have to prepare all the required design and information.
1) Company update
2) Industry update
3) Tips and tricks
5) Link to useful resources
7) Funny/Humor messages
8) Special occasion message
9) Create a post
10) Quiz and puzzles
11) Customer reviews
Note: The monthly calendar has to be diversified into various topics, which provide perfect content to the customer.
Type of content:
2) Photo (940×788 px)
3) Photo Gallery
4) Video (16:9 ratio) Live video has a very effective
7) Create offer (Paid only)
8) Get phone calls
9) Get message
10) Create a product
11) Create a poll
• Some company follows a unique template for the social media posts.
• Using emojis will increase 40%
• We have to analyze the response of our post to make the further decision in our page.
1) Likes, other reaction
4) Photo/Video view
6) Page like
1) Hide post
2) Hide all posts
3) Unfollow/Unlike page
Using Facebook Insights Tool: we can analyze all these details for each post and also user-related data.
People: By analyzing people data we can field our audience demographics
Post: By using post analysis we can find the matrix related to each post.
We can find the best time to post based on user activity.
Pages to watch (Competitor Analysis)
Path: Insights Overview Pages to add
1) By joining popular groups relevant to our client business, we can improve our reach of the post.
2) We can also use groups for sales or lead generation
3) A company can create a group for engaging with existing customers or for collaboration for the team.
We have 3 types of Groups
Path: More Edit group settings
Select the option of admin approval for all posts.
We can add certain custom features to our Facebook page using apps.
We have two types of app (i) Custom App (API) (ii) Pre-defined Apps (YouTube, Instagram)
1) Facebook advertising is very effective for branding
2) For direct advertising, we have to generate audience with specific details. (Demographic Targeting)
3) It is very cheap compared to Google AdWords.
Types of campaigns: 1) Brand Awareness 2) Reach
c. Event Engagement
3) App Installations
4) Video views
5) Lead Generation: This is a special type of advertising in which we can generate custom leads, directly in Facebook conversation.
1) Location: Note we can exclude a location if it not fusible for our company.
2) Age: (Max 3-65+)
3) Gender: All
4) Language: English
5) Detailed Targeting: we can target one audience based on their education, work, personal events, device, and habits.
Interest: In this method, we target all the users who are interested in a specific topic.
Path: Digital Activities Facebook page admins
Expats: People who are living in some other country instead of their home country.
Narrow Targeting: we can able to use proper targeting by using various options, it works with an intersection.
Connection: In we can define the relationship between the users and our page, App & Event.
All these details can be saved as Audience, so that next time, we can directly use this audience.
3) Another Network
Note: Most of the features mentioned in the target will be enabled based on types of Ad.
Budget, Bidding, and Schedule:
• Daily Budget: The amount of money we are willing to pay per day, on any given day, Facebook can increase the budget 25%.
• Minimum budget is Rs.40/-
• Lifetime budget: Minimum Lifetime Budget is (Rs.40/- x number of days)
We have only 2 strategies by default
• By default Facebook does optimization and decide your bid price, to get best possible results.
• It is recommended to start with auto bidding only.
Depending on the type of advertising we can use different Ad formats:
1) Single Image
2) Single Video
3) Slide Show
5) Canvas (It’s a mix of Image, Video & Content)
6) Collection (Product Marketing)
1) Dimension change for all Ad formats and campaigns.
2) 20% Text rule (Use Facebook Grid Tool) to check the post text.
• According to Facebook, our ad must have less text
• We have 4 levels to measure the text, OK, Low, Medium and High
• It is always recommended to get OK status.
• We can create 6 ads design in one ad set.
Relevancy Store: For all our Ads Facebook will calculate the relevancy score If the relevancy score increases the cost of the ad will decrease.
To get minimum 500 impressions (Relevancy Score 1-10)
Dark Post: A post which is created with the ad only visible to users via paid promotion, and it is hidden from timeline.
Note: For traffic and conversion campaign It is recommended to select CPC option.
Minimum Rs.100/- daily budget for traffic campaign.
To track the customers who have filled the form via Facebook
Note: It is similar to AdWords conversion tracking
Path: Manage Ads Facebook Ads All Tools Pixels
Base Code: All pages (Remarketing)
Event Code: Thank You Page (Conversion)
We can able to do remarketing on Facebook using various types of the target audience.
Path: Facebook Ads All Tools Audiences
i) Customer file
ii) Website traffic
iii) App activity (Note: it tracks only Facebook App users only)
iv) Offline activity
v) Engagement: (Who engage with our Facebook page and Instagram)
Note: We have to generate a good number of the audience (minimum 1000) to see good results from remarketing.
Any other audience who have similar criteria to our remarketing audience.
Note: Always select 1% only for close matching.
The remarketing expiry is 30 days or till the user clear cache.
Facebook Lead Generation Campaign: Path: Create Ad Lead Generation
Facebook Power Editor: Similar to Google AdWords Editor, Power Editor can be used to do the bulk task on Facebook.
Path: Ads Manager Power Editor
We can analyze various reports about each campaign, AdSet and Ads to measure the results.
Using the column option we can able to see in-depth data about various reports
We can export this report or share it with clients directly (by exporting file)